Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk X6 R8000 - Unable to disable Guest Network

DarknessFX
Tutor

Nighthawk X6 R8000 - Unable to disable Guest Network

Hello,

Today I tried to disable my Guest Network, when I click the Apply the form screen refreshs and get back to the old settings (Guest On, Broadcast On), doesn't matter what changes I make it always revert to the old settings.

Changes to the Guest Network settings is really common for my use, I think is possible this is a new bug from the latest firmware.

Hardware Version R8000
Firmware Version V1.0.4.46_10.1.63
GUI Language Version V1.0.4.46_2.1.49.1

Thanks

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
DarknessFX
Tutor

Update: I reboot the router using the webadmin page. The router crashed after the reboot. I had to powercycle and the router returned to factory original state (networks with name NETGEAR89), I login into the router and perfomed a Factory Reset. After that I reconfigured everything again, I'm back to normal and I'm able to enable/disable Guest Network again.

Funny things from the new firmware:

==

The 1st page now asks for Auto-Update and Data Collect, I choose Auto-update: Agree, Collect data Disagree.

Results into a page that says "Sorry, your timestamp is expired. Please click the menu to re-enter the page." , there is no menu in this page.

I had to manually browse to the Router IP to access the Netgear webadmin page after this message.

--

All 3 Guest Networks come broadcasting even with Enable Guest Network not activated.

I had to activate all guest networks + apply, deactivate all guest networks + apply, to the Guest Networks finally disappear.

--

Lan Setup page always fails with an error: IP Address Conflict with WAN IP Subnet.
I had to remove the onclick javascript function to bypass this message.

==

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
DarknessFX
Tutor

Update: I reboot the router using the webadmin page. The router crashed after the reboot. I had to powercycle and the router returned to factory original state (networks with name NETGEAR89), I login into the router and perfomed a Factory Reset. After that I reconfigured everything again, I'm back to normal and I'm able to enable/disable Guest Network again.

Funny things from the new firmware:

==

The 1st page now asks for Auto-Update and Data Collect, I choose Auto-update: Agree, Collect data Disagree.

Results into a page that says "Sorry, your timestamp is expired. Please click the menu to re-enter the page." , there is no menu in this page.

I had to manually browse to the Router IP to access the Netgear webadmin page after this message.

--

All 3 Guest Networks come broadcasting even with Enable Guest Network not activated.

I had to activate all guest networks + apply, deactivate all guest networks + apply, to the Guest Networks finally disappear.

--

Lan Setup page always fails with an error: IP Address Conflict with WAN IP Subnet.
I had to remove the onclick javascript function to bypass this message.

==

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7