Nighthawk X6 R8000 and Comcast DPC3941T

mfire01
Aspirant

Nighthawk X6 R8000 and Comcast DPC3941T

I put my Comcast modem in bridge mode and connect my nighthawk x6 R8000 to it but i never get an IP.  I have factory reset both Comcast and my nighthawk and same results.  I can connect my Mac book pro straight to the modem and with it in bridge mode i'll get a static on my Mac.  I have cloned my MBP MAC to the nighthawk and it will get a static IP for about 30 minutes and quit working.  I can hook up my old Apple Time capsule straight to my comcast modem ( in bridge mode) and the time capsule will pull in a static ip and will work fine, never an issue.  What am i doing wrong to not get my nighthawk to get the static ip while connecting to my comcast modem?  I really don't want to revert back to using my Time capsule.

Thanks for the help!

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Nighthawk X6 R8000 and Comcast DPC3941T

clone the time capsule WAN  MAC and use it

Message 2 of 7
mfire01
Aspirant

I tried that, but it works for a little while.  Stops immediately if you have to reboot the comcast modem.

Message 3 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi mfire01,

1. Is your connection from ISP static or dynamic?

2. Have you called your ISP to register the MAC address of the R8000 for it to read the connection?

Message 4 of 7
mfire01
Aspirant

My ISP is dynamic and i spent 2 hours today on the phone with Comcast and they put it in bridge mode and we tried everything and nothing works.  They told me they cannot put a MAC in unless it was a modem.  I just don't know what to do.

Message 5 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi mfire01,

Try connecting your computer directly to the modem. If it can go online, configure the router to use the MAC address of the computer.

Message 6 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi mfire01,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we’ve provided has helped resolveyour issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements