Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk X6 R8000 blocking new phone

rlefevre
Aspirant

Nighthawk X6 R8000 blocking new phone

My router has my new iPhone 7Plus as Blocked in Access Control.  I have tried selecting ALLOW numerous times but it always comes back as Blocked.  Any ideas?  It also has Blocked my wife's Dell Laptop, both WiFi and wired.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Thank you for the update, @rlefevre

How about if you disable Access Control for the mean time and then set the devices that needs to be Allowed then set it back to Block after?

If that didn't work then try to reinstall the firmware and factory reset the router.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
rlefevre
Aspirant

When i had turned ON "Access Control" in the Security Menu, to try to enable those devices that came up as blocked is when i had this problem.  I read the on-line manual on that subject, and found out that if I turned OFF Access Control, all devices are allowed to connect, even if the device is in the blocked list.  I turned Access Control Off, and all my devices can now access the internet and each other.

I still don't know why some devices were Blocked, but at least the work now.

Message 2 of 3
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Thank you for the update, @rlefevre

How about if you disable Access Control for the mean time and then set the devices that needs to be Allowed then set it back to Block after?

If that didn't work then try to reinstall the firmware and factory reset the router.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7