Re: Nighthawk X6 R8000 encountering poor signal, connection speed & intermittent disconnection

RodneyC
Follower

Nighthawk X6 R8000 encountering poor signal, connection speed & intermittent disconnection

I'm encountering very poor signal, slow connection speed and intermittent disconnection.

My bedroom door is facing directly at the router at about 15m away and my phone and laptop is only having 2 bar of signal when i'm putting the device at the door.

My home office is about 12m away with 2 walls between the router and my phone and laptop is only having 2 bar of signal when i'm working in my home office.

Both situation is having low signals, slow connection speed and intermittent disconnection.

How can i resolve all my issues?

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: Nighthawk X6 R8000 encountering poor signal, connection speed & intermittent disconnection

A lot depends on the construction of your building. Lots of steel reinforced concrete, of steel girders, will kill the wifi.

You don't say which wave bands you use. 5 GHz is faster than 2.4 GHz but has shorter range.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E