Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk X6 R8000 slow internet speeds when more than 10 devices connected simultaneously

ChavezSA
Guide

Nighthawk X6 R8000 slow internet speeds when more than 10 devices connected simultaneously

Setup:

• 100Mbit cable broadband
  • Negear CG3000v2 cable modem running in bridge mode.
    • Firmware Version V2.08.05 
    • Wifi disabled
  • Netgear X6 R8000 running as router with DHCP enabled across all wifi bands
    • Firmware Version V1.0.2.46_1.0.97
      • I rolled back from 1.0.3.26_1.1.18 as it was causing devices to randomly be disconnected
    • Wifi settings all default
    • Two port forward rules defined for IP cameras
    • QOS disabled
    • Guest network password set and guest network disabled

I'm experiencing very poor speeds if I have more than 10 devices connected simultaneously - wired and/or wifi. My connection typically drops from 100Mbit to 6Mbit. If I then disable wifi in order to disconnect devices my speed jumps back up to 100Mbit.

If I disconnect the R8000 and use my cable modem (Negear CG3000v2) my speed is normal no matter the number of devices connected to the router.

The issue is definately with the R8000 and is driving me a little nuts. I'm at the point of returning this thing and getting a differnt brand. Has anyone else run into a similar issue and found a fix for this? 

PS...updating to the latest firmware makes matter worse 😕 

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
ChavezSA
Guide

Re: Nighthawk X6 R8000 slow internet speeds when more than 10 devices connected simultaneously

Why are you guys marking this as "Solved"?!?!? It's not!!!

Regardless, I've returned the router and got a D'Link that works perfectly.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi ChavezSA,

Please load the firmware below and reset the router.

http://kb.netgear.com/000036746/R8000-Firmware-Version-1-0-3-32

Message 2 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Hi ChavezSA,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 3 of 4
ChavezSA
Guide

Why are you guys marking this as "Solved"?!?!? It's not!!!

Regardless, I've returned the router and got a D'Link that works perfectly.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7