Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk X6 R8000 slow wifi upstairs

Knavarro01
Follower

Nighthawk X6 R8000 slow wifi upstairs

Hi,

I’ve recently been having issues with my R8000 routers WiFi upstairs. We’ve also needed to constantly restart the wifi in the last month or so which isn’t something we had to do before. Any ideas? Upload upstairs is 1.5 mpbs and download is 12.95. Downstairs is 13.80 upload and 46.6 download. I’m not great at this kind of stuff and I did read that downloading the old firmware might help but I have no idea how to go about doing that. Any help is appreciated.
Message 1 of 2

Re: Nighthawk X6 R8000 slow wifi upstairs

@Knavarro01 wrote:

I’ve recently been having issues with my R8000 routers WiFi upstairs.

Is the router upstairs or are you trying to access the wifi from upstairs with a routers that is somewhere else?

Wifi range depends on many things, distance and house construction for example. Then there are the wifi clients you are using and the wifi band you are on.

Messing around with firmware will not change the physics of radio transmission. But trying different firmware is pretty easy.

How do I manually upgrade firmware to my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

That page will also have any software, firmware and drivers for your device, if they exist.

Check the section in the manual on updating the firmware.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7