Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk X6 R8000 unexpected reset

NG_Beemer
Tutor

Nighthawk X6 R8000 unexpected reset

I used the WPS button to set up my Canon printer.   Now I see in the Nighthawk x6 login pages that all ip addresses have changed and reserved IP are lost.  Also my custom Wi-fi password has gone.  I have never used the reset button.

Is this the effect of using the WPS button?

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions

If you haven't done so already, get into the habit of creating a backup of your configuration from time to time. It can bail you out of these holes.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
myersw
Master

@NG_Beemer wrote:

I used the WPS button to set up my Canon printer.   Now I see in the Nighthawk x6 login pages that all ip addresses have changed and reserved IP are lost.  Also my custom Wi-fi password has gone.  I have never used the reset button.

Is this the effect of using the WPS button?

No that is not expected behavior. Should have just setup the printer in your case. 

DHCP addresses can change from time to time, but again not expected for doing WPS. 

Please provide your firmware version number not something like latest. 

Suspect suggestions will be to do a reset and start over with config. 

Unfortunately that seems to be the answer right now to the less the great Netgear firmware. 

Message 2 of 4
NG_Beemer
Tutor

Firmware is V1.0.4.28-10.1.54

When the unexpected "reset" (if that is what happened) occurred it set a random character password.

I decided to change the Network name and PW back to my custom ones and instantly the router reverted to what it had been set to before the unexpected reset.  All reserved addresses have returned.

The only thing I can think of that i might have done incorrectly when setting up the printer on Wi-Fi was I inadvertantly pushed the router wi-fi button instead of the WPS button.  I then pressed the WPS button but it did not appear to work.  I restarted the printer and connected using WPS.  It was then that I noticed that the router had "reset".

All is working now as it should.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 3 of 4

If you haven't done so already, get into the habit of creating a backup of your configuration from time to time. It can bail you out of these holes.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7