but 5g second not working. 

please help 

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
IrvSp
Master

Re: Nighthawk X6 R8000 wifi 5g second not working

@Kronvrak, you have a HOT FIX, https://kb.netgear.com/000061046/R8000-Firmware-Version-1-0-4-40-Hot-Fix. At one point it was put up suggesting one update to it. That has since been removed.

Go back to V1.0.4.278, might solve the problem for you.

@rick0518, @Dpw___, if you are on firmware 1.0.4.40, I suggest you go back as well.

@Dpw___, I recall seeing this before, "There is a message about radar conflicts and no DFS channels availale", suspect the actual message was 'This DFS channel is not allowed, the Radar was detected before'.

Some attributed it to an old F/W before V1.0.4.28, others say just change the 5-2's channel will fix it?

You can Google the message I guess? This also could be a function of where you live, for instance the 5-2 Ghz SSID will not show up in Japan. The do not allow it. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels. R8000 should be showing channels 141-161 which is legal. What channel are you on?

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 10

All Replies
Dpw___
Initiate

I'm seeingthe same thing - using smart connect yesterday and the entire wifi wasn;t working. switched to individual channels and the 2nd 5g channel is not working. There is a message about radar conflicts and no DFS channels availale

Message 2 of 10
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

What firmware version are you on?

DarrenM

Message 3 of 10
Kronvrak
Guide

I have the same issue, second radio/wifi works after a reboot and then stop after a couple of weeks (3-5). Reboot the router again fix the problem and then it works for a couple a weeks again.

Fix the problem or at least implement a function so we can schedule reboot of the router in the firmware.

I use the same SSID for first and second 5ghz radio/wifi.

I use firmware 10.0.4.40

Message 4 of 10
IrvSp
Master

@Kronvrak, you have a HOT FIX, https://kb.netgear.com/000061046/R8000-Firmware-Version-1-0-4-40-Hot-Fix. At one point it was put up suggesting one update to it. That has since been removed.

Go back to V1.0.4.278, might solve the problem for you.

@rick0518, @Dpw___, if you are on firmware 1.0.4.40, I suggest you go back as well.

@Dpw___, I recall seeing this before, "There is a message about radar conflicts and no DFS channels availale", suspect the actual message was 'This DFS channel is not allowed, the Radar was detected before'.

Some attributed it to an old F/W before V1.0.4.28, others say just change the 5-2's channel will fix it?

You can Google the message I guess? This also could be a function of where you live, for instance the 5-2 Ghz SSID will not show up in Japan. The do not allow it. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels. R8000 should be showing channels 141-161 which is legal. What channel are you on?

Message 5 of 10
schumaku
Guru

@IrvSp wrote:

This also could be a function of where you live, for instance the 5-2 Ghz SSID will not show up in Japan. The do not allow it. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels.

Agree with everything except that I can't follow you here... Japan allows 2 * 160 MHz channels, or 4 * 80 MHz channels, plus some 40 MHz and few dedicated 20 MHz ones. Just lightly less than what is allowed in ETSI (Europe) regulatory area.

Message 6 of 10
IrvSp
Master

@schumaku wrote:

@IrvSp wrote:

This also could be a function of where you live, for instance the 5-2 Ghz SSID will not show up in Japan. The do not allow it. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels.

Agree with everything except that I can't follow you here... Japan allows 2 * 160 MHz channels, or 4 * 80 MHz channels, plus some 40 MHz and few dedicated 20 MHz ones. Just lightly less than what is allowed in ETSI (Europe) regulatory area.

Kurt, I've wrong before, nothing new there Smiley Wink

Maybe I've read it wrong? My R8000 for the 5-2Ghz SSID shows only 4 possible channels. 149 to 161 iin incremens of 4, 149, 153, 157, and 161. On that link the 5Ghz chart has channels down the left and countries on the top. Japan is the 6th country column. Channel's 138 and 142 to 178 are listed as 'No'? I assume that means they can't be used? Am I missing something here?

Message 7 of 10
Jkitch21
Aspirant

Hello, I had the same issue occur last night.  The 5G band went out, and only 2G signals were active.

When looking at the Genie, bith 5G bands were listed as 2G, but could not be changed.

The fix (and apologies, I am at work).

I connected via IP address: 168.192.1.1

Sign in and go to the advanced tab.  At the top, uncheck the first box.  This basically is an auto setting, but when once unchecked you can then scroll down and rename your 5G and 5G2 to what they were previoulsy.  Save.

These bands were no visable and active on all devices, and using the genie.

What was odd, as we did the firmware update ~two weeks ago, with no issues, so not sure what occurred.

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 8 of 10
Edandkelly
Aspirant

Anyone has an update how to get my second 5g working again?? I.t wants to charge $80 to gic a problem they caused after I updated thru the nighthawk app. Please assist anyone
Message 9 of 10
rick0518
Aspirant

yes, after i using smart connect then second 5g is missing.

i reset my wifi then everything is fine

NOTE: my firmware now is : V1.0.4.46_10.1.63 also fix IPV6 problem

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7