Nighthawk X6 only putting out 300mbps wired. Modem puts out 585mbps

JubimGomes
Follower

Nighthawk X6 only putting out 300mbps wired. Modem puts out 585mbps

Alright,

So we just recently upgraded internet with xfinity/comcast to 500/20mbps speeds from 250/10. Our old modem was only rated for 343mbps so we upgraded today to a new Arris SB8200. Got everything set up and working and when tested through our router (wired on both our pcs) we are only seeing it bounce around between 275-300mbps. Wireless will get up to around 250mbps. But when tested wired to the modem on my pc i was getting 580mbps. so after testing straight from the modem it is seemingly something with the router. 

R8000 AC3200 Nighthawk X6

ipv6 is enabled

QOS is turned off. 

traffic meter is off.

only running 1 of 3 wifi channels

Firmware is version: V1.0.4.46_10.1.63

I've seen a couple posts recommend that using an older firmware could solve the problem. Anyone know which firmware version for the r8000 is most recommended for high speeds? we have not tried a factory reset yet as i was going to just try the firmware first before having to reset everything. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk X6 only putting out 300mbps wired. Modem puts out 585mbps

When ever you change modems and speeds from your isp, a router reset is a good idea.It takes minimal time, makes sure an old setting isn't causing issues, and tends to result in better stability in my opinion. 

Before I'd recommend a firmware downgrade, I'd recommend the reset. Its recommend to reset after a firmware downgrade anyway so you'd need to anyway.

Current Setup: CM2000-> RBK750-> GS716v2-> RAXE500-> Pi-hole->
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E