Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk X6 says no internet, but there is?

AlphaWolf2019
Aspirant

Nighthawk X6 says no internet, but there is?

I just bought a new router today in order to solve some issues I was having with the google wifi set up we had. One main issue was PS4s not being able to suddenly connect due to the NAT type failing.

Anyhow, I installed the new router and connected, PS4s still don't work but everything else does, but when I log into my router (Netgear Genie) in the first box under Internet it says not connected. I'm not sure what to do to fix this?

I have the latest firmware (V1.0.4.28_10.1.54) and I tried logging in via Chrome and Edge with the same results.

I took a screen shot  it that helps.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
IrvSp
Master

Re: Nighthawk X6 says no internet, but there is?

Are you sure you set it up correctly? Is the router in Router or Access Point mode?

What is before the router, make and model?

Guess a Double NAT type problem (https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT)?

By the way, this " PS4s still don't work but everything else does" is almost useless here. What is 'everything else' and where are they connected too? The device before the R8000? Wired, wireless?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
IrvSp
Master

Are you sure you set it up correctly? Is the router in Router or Access Point mode?

What is before the router, make and model?

Guess a Double NAT type problem (https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT)?

By the way, this " PS4s still don't work but everything else does" is almost useless here. What is 'everything else' and where are they connected too? The device before the R8000? Wired, wireless?

Message 2 of 4
AlphaWolf2019
Aspirant

I simply followed the instructions for setup.

How do I tell if it is in router mode or ACP mode?

The router is connected to a Cox Cable Panoramic modem. Nothing else is connected to it wired.

Before this my signal strengths were low, we were constantly dropping the wifi, and things like my Nest cameras would not connect wirelessly. That is my "everything else". With the new router, everything works except the PS4. I have tried what seems like every trick on the internet to get the PS4 to connect correctly to the NAT with no luck.

Message 3 of 4
AlphaWolf2019
Aspirant

OK so after reading your email I did some digging and found out the Cox Panoramic modem is a combo modem/router, so I went in and set it to bridge mode and voila, NAT issue is resolved.

THANK YOU!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7