Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk X6

bajen21
Aspirant

Nighthawk X6

Hello.Updated my r8000 with latest firmware.My speed went down to about 100 to 150 Mbps.It should be 450-500.After many factory resets i tried to downgrade firmware.Now everythings fine again.Next upgrade should be better//Claes Olsson Sweden

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
djht
Guide

Re: Nighthawk X6

Message 4 of 8

All Replies
djht
Guide

I'm having the same issue.  After last firmware update, my downstream speeds have been cut from 400 to 250.

I have directly connected into modem and reached 400+ to confirm that this is an R8000 firmware OR hardware issue.

Please advise.

Thank you,

Daniel

Message 2 of 8

@bajen21 wrote:

My speed went down to about 100 to 150 Mbps.

Wifi or wired?

Did you reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flash?

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So while it isn't guaranteed to fix problems a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have issues with new firmware.

This is a nuisance because you then have to reconfigure the device all over again.

You can backup your settings before you reset and restore them later. But that may just bring back the fault. Then again, at least you will know if the reset fixed the problem.

The factory reset is more a "witchcraft" move than a technically informed solution, but it does seem to fix problems, especially on the wifi front.

Message 3 of 8
djht
Guide

Micheal,

Thanks for your reply.  I posted solution in another thread:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/Nighthawk-R8000-X6-slow-speed-problem/td-p/1...

Message 4 of 8

Kind of hard to follow what is going on there in all the detail, but if it boils down to factory reset that is standard advice.

Can you do other users a favour by marking as Solved the message that explains what you did to fix it? I would do that myself, but as I say it isn't obvious to me what the solution is.

I'll mark this one as solved as at least that will point others in the right direction.

Message 5 of 8
djht
Guide

In a nutshell: Performing Firmware Downgrade & Factory Reset Required to fix issue.

No security fixes listed in .46 changelog -- so safe to stay at .28 until newer firmware is released.

Message 6 of 8
bajen21
Aspirant

Hello.My pc is wired and no I didnt reset after downgrade.Last days im around 480 to 500 again.I save this firmware if new ones is trouble.//Claes

Message 7 of 8
PimPyButcher
Aspirant

Thx 

This did it for me, had this slow speed issue for a long time, but going back to a older version set my speed up again thx a lot !!

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7