Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk X6S R8000P LAN Ports do not work.

JJMAN1st
Aspirant

Nighthawk X6S R8000P LAN Ports do not work.

Howdy folks.  I have the R8000p Router.  I came home on Sunday to no internet at all.  After some extensive troubleshooting I noticed that neither the LAN ports or Internet Lan Port work at all.  They do not light up no matter what I plug into them, no matter what cable I plug into them and even if I loopback the lights do not work at all or send/receive anything.  The Wireless still works and I am able to log into the router.  I have factory reset the router also.  I have tried upgrading, downgrading and even putting the same firmware on top what is there and it acts like its updating the firmware, but it always comes back up with the exact same firmware that was there before.  Maybe it wont update firmware since Im over wifi I dont know.  Either way I cannot update the firmware wired because none of the ports work.  

Are there any ideas or anything I can do at all whatsoever?  I am 6 weeks out of warranty so I can not send it back.  I have already called and they said no.

Thanks and I appreciate any and all effort.

Barney

JJMAN

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk X6S R8000P LAN Ports do not work.

Have you disconnected the router from everything and pulled the power adapter for 1 good minute or more then connect one wired PC to the back of the router then plug back in and see if anything appears on the LAN LEDs on top? I presume if nothing appears and you have swapped LAN cables as well that the router is faulty and needs replacing. 

Message 2 of 4
JJMAN1st
Aspirant

Yes I have pulled if off the wall and its set for many minutes a few times to discharge.  I have already tried that and no lights light up for lan at all.  All 4 Lans and the Internet jack also.  All the lights work for the power, wifi's and all that.  And it was just sudden.  Worked the night before and I have had it for barely over a year and then just out of the blue, no power to the ports.  I didnt know if someone on here might

know something about this or not.  Maybe a fix or trick that I hadnt thought of.  

I appreciate your reply.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok. Sounds like it needs replacing then. Sorry about that. 😣

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7