• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Follower

Nighthawk X6S router

My router was installed by Best Buy Geek Squad and the password I told them to install in the router will not work. How do I find the password for my router?
Message 1 of 5
Highlighted
Master

Re: Nighthawk X6S router

Contact Geek Squad and ask what they set it to. Otherwise you will have to do a reset which will wipe out all of your settings. Since they set it up they should fix it in my opinion. 

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted

Greetings,

So we are clear?  Are you referring to the PW you use to log into the device, or the one you use to authenticate with one of the wireless networks?

If the latter, you can log in and retype the PW making it whatever you like.

If it's the routers admin password, you will need to reset the device in order to regain access. 

Suggest you verify your are typing the username and PW correctly.  The username is not case sensative,  The password is.  

~Comcast 1 Gbps/50 Mbps SB8200 > R8000P
~R8000P FW:1.4.1.50 ~R7000 FW:1.0.9.42
~R6400 FW:1.0.1.52 ~Orbi-AC3000 FW:2.5.1.8
~EX3700 FW:1.0.0.78

Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
Master

One additional thought. There is an admin PW for management of router then there is the pass phrase for the wireless. Make sure you are using the right on. 

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted

If it is the wifi password, and you know the admin password for the browser's graphical user interface, you may be able to recover that by using the desktop genie.

If you want the desktop genie for Windows of Macs start here:

genie Landing Page | Apps | Discover | Home | NETGEAR

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 5 of 5