Bobnkrish
Aspirant

Nighthawk X6S stopped working

Stopped working after a year or so... factory reset causes all lights to blink and then after a few minutes they all go out except 2.4 ghz which stays solid on. Any ideas if this extender can be salvaged?
Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 6
JWS9518
Apprentice

Re: Nighthawk X6S stopped working

I had mine do something similiar after a quick power outage.  Most likely it lost its settings or got stuck in a loop during an update or the power just caused a glitch.

Do a hard factory reset on the back.. you may have to do twice....then go back and do a setup all over again.  That should get it back up and running...especially if you can get the green light back on in the back, instead of red.

Message 2 of 6
Bobnkrish
Aspirant

I have done several hard resets but get same result... light is green in back but front 2.4 ghz comes on with no other lights and cant communicate with it
Message 3 of 6
JWS9518
Apprentice

Not sure, but could be a hardware failure...maybe someone with more experience with the extender issues could chime in.

Mine had all flashing lights and a red flashing in the back..and the hard reset fixed that....yours sounds like a bit different issue though.

Message 4 of 6
Bobnkrish
Aspirant

Green light on back is on but the extender is not showing up anywhere and only light on is 2.4 ghz.. guessing it is fried
Message 5 of 6
JWS9518
Apprentice

Not sure..but try using an app that scans for devices..your extender might have reset to a new IP and is not showing up on the network because of it..  if you can find the IP..then you should be able to log in and get everything reset...  

You could also try to use the WPS button on the extender and router to see if you can force it to find it and re-connect as well.

Good luck.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements