Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk X8 D8500 week wifi signal

Jarmik
Follower

Nighthawk X8 D8500 week wifi signal

Hi there, 

I purchased Nighthawk X8 D8500. I was lured by the description telling that device is recommended for big houses and covers them with wif-fi. As it turned out, the wifi signal is so week that it disappers completely some 5-6m (16-19ft) off the router.

The router works with the buil-it setup. Should I change anything to widen the wifi range?

If nothing can be done with the router, what should buy: some kind of repeater like EX6150-100PES?

Message 1 of 2
William10a
Master

Re: Nighthawk X8 D8500 week wifi signal

@Jarmik wrote:

Hi there, 

I purchased Nighthawk X8 D8500. I was lured by the description telling that device is recommended for big houses and covers them with wif-fi. As it turned out, the wifi signal is so week that it disappers completely some 5-6m (16-19ft) off the router.

The router works with the buil-it setup. Should I change anything to widen the wifi range?

If nothing can be done with the router, what should buy: some kind of repeater like EX6150-100PES?

I can' find any way in the manual too change the power output of the wifi radios and the antennas are the amplifiers for the router .

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7