Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk X8 R8300 Radio seems to connect at 2.4ghz only

Linda_Rod
Aspirant

Nighthawk X8 R8300 Radio seems to connect at 2.4ghz only

I apppear to be running on only the 2.4 gHz radio button.  For all my devices.  This was an expensive purchase and it was working on the 5Ghz buttons for a little bit, but no longer. My download speed is running at 240 from the cable modem.  When the router is done, it's less than 100.  Is there a way to turn on the other radios. Is this a possible hardware issue? I bought this in October 2018

Model: R8300|Nighthawk X8 AC5000 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Linda_Rod
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk X8 R8300 Radio seems to connect at 2.4 Ghz only

I did the factory reset and the router did not return to the original Admin login and Password.  The radio is likely an issuse still, but I need to circle back to that.  I started to set up a new computer yesterday using Wifi.  It seemed to pick up on the 2.4 radio only. 

Today, I have the computer wired to the router and while the cable modem can get 250, the wire off my router is at a speed of 60 on the download.  I need to start a new thread different topic.  Why on earth can I get download speeds of over nearly 200 off the router somedays and then, nearly nothing the next day.  I know that there is a laundry list of items to check. 

Thank you, 

Linda

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
microchip8
Master

Re: Nighthawk X8 R8300 Radio seems to connect at 2.4ghz only

Have you done a factory reset? Manual configuration is needed after that

Message 2 of 4
Linda_Rod
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk X8 R8300 Radio seems to connect at 2.4ghz only

No I have not, but I shall.  That's a good place to start, when I can breathe and not panic.  I'll post if it works. Thank you. 

Message 3 of 4
Linda_Rod
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk X8 R8300 Radio seems to connect at 2.4 Ghz only

I did the factory reset and the router did not return to the original Admin login and Password.  The radio is likely an issuse still, but I need to circle back to that.  I started to set up a new computer yesterday using Wifi.  It seemed to pick up on the 2.4 radio only. 

Today, I have the computer wired to the router and while the cable modem can get 250, the wire off my router is at a speed of 60 on the download.  I need to start a new thread different topic.  Why on earth can I get download speeds of over nearly 200 off the router somedays and then, nearly nothing the next day.  I know that there is a laundry list of items to check. 

Thank you, 

Linda

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7