Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk X8 R8300 wifi comnected but no internet

Allannicelyco
Follower

Nighthawk X8 R8300 wifi comnected but no internet

I upgraded to a new netgear Nighthawk X8 Model E8300. New in the box un opened. Opened it up and Pluged in the internet from the modem with a 25ft Insignia Either cable rated for 1000MBS. I can hook up to the WIFI but am recieving no internet. Called the provider and was told all is good on their end. All lights are green on the Modem, reset the modem. I have the genie app and hit the reboot router, let it reboot still have no internet. I hit the reset button on the router and re-set the factory pasword on my phone back to the factory router pasword, hooked back up and no internet. I thought the new cable was bad so I used the one that came with the new router. Unpluged the router and moved it closer to the modem to use the 3 ft cable. Pluged it in and waited for it to boot up. Hooked up to the router and no internet. Any help would be appriciated. I can hook up my TV, Tablet and phone but all three say connected to network but no internet.
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi Allannicelyco,

Please try this KB article.

https://kb.netgear.com/1086/No-Internet-with-new-router-MAC-spoofing

Message 2 of 3
JamesGL
Master

Hi Allannicelyco,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7