Nighthawk X8 R8500 - Laptop Won't Connect

JLev8873
Aspirant

Nighthawk X8 R8500 - Laptop Won't Connect

I have had no issues connecting any of my devices, but my fiancee's laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad T440) will not connect unless I completely take off the router's security and make it open.  I've tried changing the "Access Control" to allow all new devices to connect, and I've tried all of the security options for all three bands (standard and the two 5G bands) and her laptop is still unable to connect.  When she attempts to connect, she just recieves a notice simply stating "Can't connect at this time," or she is put on a "limited" connection where she really can't get into anything.  But when I remove all the security on a band and leave it open, her laptop connects with no issues.  Is there any way I can change this with the router's settings, or is this possibly an issue with her laptop?  

Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
VE6CGX
Master

Re: Nighthawk X8 R8500 - Laptop Won't Connect

Connecting wirelessly? Then which band? Then what is the WiFi card in the Lenovo laptop? What security protocol do you use?

Doe not work on either band?

Your question doesn't have this information....

Message 2 of 3
JLev8873
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk X8 R8500 - Laptop Won't Connect

Sorry, I'm not very savvy with the newer technology so bare with me.  I have tried connecting her laptop on the 2.4ghz and both 5G bands with no success.  Its security is currently set at WPA2-PSK, however I've tried switching between all three options (that one, WPA/WPA2 Enterprise and WPA-PSK[TKIP] + WPA2-PSK[AES]).  I unfortunately am unable to check her laptop's Wifi card at the moment, but will provide that when I can get ahold of it again.  

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E