Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk X8 R8500 - wifi problems

PRInt
Aspirant

Nighthawk X8 R8500 - wifi problems

Ok so this is my 4th R8500 router - 1 of them I have successfully working and it is great. Of the other 3, all of them have come with a wifi issues, out of the box the "first" 5ghz network will not work. I can see it for a brief second after a hard reboot of the router and then it is gone. Is this a known thing or am I just unlucky? I updated the firm. I used a wifi scanner to check channels, there are no other 5ghz networks in range. The building is a warehouse with no machinery for interferance. I am not sure I have the patience to try yet another router... Any thioughts would be much appreciated! 

Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
PRInt
Aspirant

Hey. Thanks for the reply. We have nothing like that near us. In the end I went through 5 of the R8500 all of them had some sort of transmission issue. In the end I am sad to say I switched to a linksys and it has worked perfectly. I do have an R8500 at home which works flawlessly. I am guessing it was just a bad batch!

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @PRInt

I suggest that you contact support and let them know your situation since this is already your 4th router.

Message 2 of 9
William10a
Master

What type of warehouse and what is around your location any cell phone towers, radars, or electronic transmitters even the r7500 x4s has the 160mhz channel band witdh an radar from a ship or airport will make the channels open to x4s series close these new channel making just normal x4 router.

Message 3 of 9
PRInt
Aspirant

Hey. Thanks for the reply. We have nothing like that near us. In the end I went through 5 of the R8500 all of them had some sort of transmission issue. In the end I am sad to say I switched to a linksys and it has worked perfectly. I do have an R8500 at home which works flawlessly. I am guessing it was just a bad batch!

Message 4 of 9
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Can you compare the Serial Numbers of the one that you own versus the one that you're troubleshooting?

Message 5 of 9
Litty
Aspirant

So when I first booted it up it worked amazing for about a week and then went out and so I tried to reboot it and now the wifi only shows for a split second and I can't connect in time. And it just shows red on the internet. And it'll like cycle blue led lights and go off. I punch in the password and it says unable to connect. Any thoughts?
Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 6 of 9
William10a
Master

@Litty wrote:
So when I first booted it up it worked amazing for about a week and then went out and so I tried to reboot it and now the wifi only shows for a split second and I can't connect in time. And it just shows red on the internet. And it'll like cycle blue led lights and go off. I punch in the password and it says unable to connect. Any thoughts?

Sounds like the is not booting fillly have you tried a reset of the router to see if the problem clears up.

Message 7 of 9
Litty
Aspirant

Yes I have it just makes all the lights come on then goes off before I can even connect.
Message 8 of 9
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Litty The router just keeps on rebooting? How long have you had the router? If this is within hardware warranty, I suggest that you contact support and let them about it so that you could get an RMA.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7