Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk X8

JeanneR
Aspirant

Nighthawk X8

One band of my tri-band router (2.4 GHz) has stopped working, the 5G bands work.  Shows up on my list of available wi-fi's but does not recognize my password.  Is not getting an internet connection.  This was working previously.  Any ideas?

Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JeanneR
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk X8

Thanks Elaine.  No internet either wireless or ethernet connected.  Did a factory reset.  After an hour and 40 minutes on the phone with tech support determined the issue to be defective hardware.  I returned the device and purchased a different Netgear Modem/router.  Set it up quickly, had plenty of practice with all I tried on the defective one.  Netgear support to hook up the new modem/router was excellent.  So far, so good.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @JeanneR

Do you still see 2.4GHz LED lit on the router?

Is the problem only happening on wireless connection or there's no internet access as well on your wired computers?

Is the power light solidly lit?

Have you tried factory resetting the router?

After resetting the unit, reconfigure the router settings as if it's brand new out of the box.

Message 2 of 4
JeanneR
Aspirant

Thanks Elaine.  No internet either wireless or ethernet connected.  Did a factory reset.  After an hour and 40 minutes on the phone with tech support determined the issue to be defective hardware.  I returned the device and purchased a different Netgear Modem/router.  Set it up quickly, had plenty of practice with all I tried on the defective one.  Netgear support to hook up the new modem/router was excellent.  So far, so good.

Message 3 of 4
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Glad to hear that @JeanneR

Enjoy the connection now! 😃

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation