Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk XR500 Randomly Dropping Connections to; Microsoft Outlook, Skype, and Zoom

FeuerFrei111
Guide

Nighthawk XR500 Randomly Dropping Connections to; Microsoft Outlook, Skype, and Zoom

Dear Netgear Community,

Good evening, as the name implies, my XR500 that I have had for about 1 & 1/2 years has started to randomly drop connections to; Microsoft Outlook, Skype, and Zoom. All streaming services via our Apple TV are unaffected. All streaming done via wifi on our cellphones and laptop computers are unaffected. This has occurred for the last month and I can 100% gauarntee it is not the ISP as I have had them out to our house and they tested all equipment.

I have the most up to date firmware and I have changed absolutely nothing from day one. This happens via wifi and via ethernet. Of course I am just outside of the warranty/support window so any information that can be provided sure would be helpful.

Thank you,

FeuerFrei

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 10
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk XR500 Randomly Dropping Connections to; Microsoft Outlook, Skype, and Zoom

an actual firmware number helps as there's beta firmware out there. the later versions are pretty stable and fix some issues. 

So what version are you on? 

Message 2 of 10
FeuerFrei111
Guide

Re: Nighthawk XR500 Randomly Dropping Connections to; Microsoft Outlook, Skype, and Zoom

Plemans,

Thanks for the reply and sorry for not posting that in my original thread.

Message 3 of 10
plemans
Guru

Message 4 of 10
FeuerFrei111
Guide

Plemans,

I once again thank you for the reply and feel stupid asking this... when I click on your link, it takes me to the thread but I do not see a way to download v 2.3.2.120. I checked the Downloads link and checked for updates in my Nighthawk App, all just show v114 as the latest version.

Message 5 of 10
plemans
Guru

Message 6 of 10
FeuerFrei111
Guide

That link worked, I will give this a go and keep you updated, thanks again.

Message 7 of 10
plemans
Guru

good luck!

Sometimes it helps to factoy reset/reinstall after updating firmware. 

Message 8 of 10

@FeuerFrei111 wrote:

Good evening, as the name implies, my XR500 that I have had for about 1 & 1/2 years

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Nighthawk Pro Gaming Routers - NETGEAR Communities

Gaming routers have their own DumaOS operating system that is nothing like the one on Netgear's standard routers. The Duma team is also active and more likely to respond if you post there.

Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to visit and post over in the Nighthawk Gaming router forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/bd-p/en-home-nighthawk-pro-gaming-rout...

Good Luck. 

@FeuerFrei111 wrote:

Dear Netgear Community,

Good evening, as the name implies, my XR500 that I have had for about 1 & 1/2 years has started to randomly drop connections to; Microsoft Outlook, Skype, and Zoom. All streaming services via our Apple TV are unaffected. All streaming done via wifi on our cellphones and laptop computers are unaffected. This has occurred for the last month and I can 100% gauarntee it is not the ISP as I have had them out to our house and they tested all equipment.

I have the most up to date firmware and I have changed absolutely nothing from day one. This happens via wifi and via ethernet. Of course I am just outside of the warranty/support window so any information that can be provided sure would be helpful.

Thank you,

FeuerFrei

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7