× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk XR500 - SOS and ROC functions

nuggs
Follower

Nighthawk XR500 - SOS and ROC functions

Hello Community!

Firstly, you have to pay to get support by netgear after the first 90 days of purchasing? What?

Anyway, I recieved an email from my ISP saying that in Australia the NBN Co. are implementing "Save Our Showtime (SOS) and Robust Overhead Channel (ROC). For modems not supporting these new functions, another function, Seamless Rate Adaptation (SRA) will be required by nbn." after the 31 January 2022.

Does anyone know if the XR500 will support these features now, or if not, will the be implementing a firmware upgrade to support this? Or will I need to be shopping around for a new modem before 31 January 2022?

Thanks for your help!

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk XR500 - SOS and ROC functions

My understanding of those features are they're specific to DSL modems. The XR500 is a router only device. It has no DSL capability. 

so it'll be whatever the XR500 is connected to for gateway that you need to worry about. Not the XR500. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

My understanding of those features are they're specific to DSL modems. The XR500 is a router only device. It has no DSL capability. 

so it'll be whatever the XR500 is connected to for gateway that you need to worry about. Not the XR500. 

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the NightHawk Gaming Router products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with NH gaming router products and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/bd-p/en-home-nighthawk-pro-gaming-rout...

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

@nuggs wrote:

Hello Community!

Firstly, you have to pay to get support by netgear after the first 90 days of purchasing? What?

Anyway, I recieved an email from my ISP saying that in Australia the NBN Co. are implementing "Save Our Showtime (SOS) and Robust Overhead Channel (ROC). For modems not supporting these new functions, another function, Seamless Rate Adaptation (SRA) will be required by nbn." after the 31 January 2022.

Does anyone know if the XR500 will support these features now, or if not, will the be implementing a firmware upgrade to support this? Or will I need to be shopping around for a new modem before 31 January 2022?

Thanks for your help!

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7