Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk XS4 AC2600 D7800 can't go over 300 on 2.4 Ghz and 866,7 on 5 Ghz?

Zaran
Follower

Nighthawk XS4 AC2600 D7800 can't go over 300 on 2.4 Ghz and 866,7 on 5 Ghz?

Hello!

Today i was checking some info in my modem/router under the wireless tab to check everything was maxed. I then tried to check the wireless speed using only my pc with ac wireless card integrated and connected to see the results on my 2.4 Ghz network and then 5 Ghz one. The results were:

300 Mbps on 2.4 Ghz
866.7 Mbps on 5 Ghz

The max stats in my router said that it could trasmit to 800 Mbps max to 2.4 Ghz and 1733 Mbps max on 5 Ghz.
For some reasons i ignore, it can't reach them even if the pc it's placed near the router (no obstacles and no interferences) and my channels are all 20 mhz ones. I tried with changing the region of the wireless, uncheck coexistence with 20/40 mhz as well but the only thing i notice is only when i change the region of the wireless. If i do that i have new 20 mhz channels and a (DFS) near them which i don't know what it is yet...but in the end 20 mhz channels only.
I tried with my pc as the only one attached to the router at that moment because i've heard that the router adapts the module of the wireless in relation of the devices that are connected and "alive" so since my pc is wireless ac, i wanted to be sure that the router was ac only too.

What's going on? Is there a way to have 40 mhz channels and so a signal that reach the max values of my router?

The firmware version is the last one (0.16)

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 3
LeeH
Prodigy

Re: Nighthawk XS4 AC2600 D7800 can't go over 300 on 2.4 Ghz and 866,7 on 5 Ghz?

The connection speeds you are seeing is normal for most wireless network cards.

The real test is running a speed test from an Internet site like http://www.speedtest.net/

You most likely will never see a connection speed that is as fast as your router is capable of supporting.

Message 2 of 3

Re: Nighthawk XS4 AC2600 D7800 can't go over 300 on 2.4 Ghz and 866,7 on 5 Ghz?

@LeeH wrote:

The connection speeds you are seeing is normal for most wireless network cards.

And it is always worth checking that you have the latest and greatest drivers for your wireless network cards. They might make a difference, albeit a small one.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7