Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk ac1900 unkown attached device

rayge
Follower

Nighthawk ac1900 unkown attached device

Thought I would post this here since I could not identify a couple of attached devices and it might help out others. Google search could not find a solution for me.

Nirsoft's Wireless Network Watcher was helpful for this. The program identified an unkown wired device because it listed the company manufacturer as Ooma, Inc. so I edited the name in Netgear genie to my Ooma phone.

Netgear genie identified an attached wireless device as "condor". Wireless Network Watcher did not list the device name but displayed the network adapter company name as StreamUnlimited Engineering GmbH. Their website indicates they manufacture hardware chips for chromecast devices, among other things. I have a bunch of chromecast devices none of which were plugged in. Finally I firgured out my Best Buy Insignia speaker / clock with google assistant was plugged in. Unplugging that, the device disappeared from device list on the router.

Edit: What led my on this path was google warning of "compromised passwords". As I went through the list, one of them was "prtgadmin" "found in data breach" and it was tied to url 198.162.1.4 which was the address of my google assistant device.

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7