× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk and roof antenna

AnunC8
Aspirant

Nighthawk and roof antenna

Hey folks. I really hope someone can help, because I am at my wit's end here. I purchased this Nighthawk because the area we just moved to doesn't have any broadband providers. Sadly, the connection I'm getting is consistently one bar.

This Yagi antenna was offered up as a solution on Reddit, as well at this LMR400 cable, to get a good signal from the at&t towers. I've been buying adapter after adapter and I can't find one that seems to work. I have no idea what I am doing, and just want a strong signal and to be done with it!!! Does anyone have any suggestions?

I can't find the model number on these lists... The interior of the Nighthawk says "Netgear MR1100" and the cable is Bolton Coaxial LMR400...

And yes I already have a grounding kit.

I appreciate any help!
Message 1 of 5
AnunC8
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk and roof antenna

Message 2 of 5
AnunC8
Aspirant

Image attached
Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

My understanding is the MR1000 uses a TS-9 jack. I know the Yagi has N-female. It looks like your cable has n-male adapters on both ends. I'm not 100% because (i'm not there) I don't know what cable you ordered and i'm not even sure if it'll work but they make a ts9 to N-female adapter. Amazon lists them. Just do a search and make sure the listing is exactly what you want. I've never tried to do something like this so this is just a best guess of what you've provided. 

https://www.amazon.com/Coaxial-Bulkhead-Connector-Adapter-Extension/dp/B01M9CF8K0

If your cable has different ends or male/female ends, you'd need to change your search parameters.

Message 4 of 5
IrvSp
Master

You don't have a Nighthawk Router, but a Netgear Hotspot.

It is covered over here, in this forum, https://community.netgear.com/t5/Mobile-Routers-Hotspots-Modems/bd-p/aircard

I think you'd have better luck posting there, and that is where you'll find experienced users with that product.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7