Nighthawk app shows duplicate devices but one device on x6 AC3200 R8000

TedNetx6
Aspirant

Nighthawk app shows duplicate devices but one device on x6 AC3200 R8000

I have the Nighthawk app (on my iphone X) the app connects to my x6 R8000 AC3200. The Nighthawk app shows 11 duplicate devices all named exactly the same, DIRECTV-HR54-(<mac address here). In the begining of the day the number of duplicate devices on the app can be as few as 7. There should only be one device listed, I have only one HR54-500. The MAC addresses on all devices are identical but the IP addresses are all different. The mac address (on all devices) is the mac address on my Directv HR54-500 DVR.  On the R8000 admin, in the connected devices list there is only one DIRECTV-HR54-(<mac address). The IP address on the single connected device is the same as the ip address on the last device entry on my nighthawk app.  I have rebooted my router and that did not help. I also have the same problem with duplicate device entries on my Netgear Genie app . Has anyone seen anything like this ? Should I try reinstalling the apps ?

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3
IrvSp
Master

Re: Nighthawk app shows duplicate devices but one device on x6 AC3200 R8000

Strange, but I'm not seeing this with an Android phone or iPad using both Nighthawk and Genie iOS apps and Android Nighthawk app compares with the iOS one? Even Genie on my Windows PC agrees as does the Browser Genie?

That said, I do RECALL seeing something like that before (I am on V1.0.4.18_10.1.49)? It seemed to me the dup's were really IPv6 addresses?

Message 2 of 3
TedNetx6
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk app shows duplicate devices but one device on x6 AC3200 R8000

I have the same duplicate entries on my ipad.  I still have an android phone and tablet. When I get home from work I'll see what my android devices show then get back to ya.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E