Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk cx80

Shahsun
Aspirant

Nighthawk cx80

I Just Bought Nighthawk CX80, Modem Router Build In. I Realize Internet Doesn't Works On Some Device. Laptop And Tv Works, But 2 phone And Tv Box It Doesnt.Doesn't. In Tv Box It Usually Says Less Connectivity Place Your Box Close To Router. Can Anybody Help

Message 1 of 6
schumaku
Guru

Re: Nighthawk cx80

@Shahsun wrote:

I Just Bought Nighthawk CX80, Modem Router Build In. 

The more appropriate community section would be Cable Modems & Routers  - I'll request a moderator moving your thread

@Shahsun wrote:

But 2 phone And Tv Box It Doesnt.Doesn't. In Tv Box It Usually Says Less Connectivity Place Your Box Close To Router.

Hard to guess, lack of details.

All wireless or some wired Ethernet/LAN connections?

What make, model, and OS version of the phones?

PS. Curious where you have typed your message - probably a mobile browser? Wondering because I have seen this forced upper-casing under some conditions, too.

Message 2 of 6
cscott1
Guide

What speed service do you have is hooking them up to the 2.4Ghz band an option for you? Do the devices work when in the same room as the router? Things you can try turn off the wifi 6 and run off of the old wifi 5 K believe this is done by logging into the routers web interface routerlogin.net go to the wireless tab tick off the Enable AX. Other things move the modem/router to a more central location in you home or run Ethernet to the devices in the far rooms or look into wifi extenders or even use an older router you have laying around as an access point it may have better wifi than the built in wifi.
Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

are you using wpa3? 

I've seen a few devices struggle with wpa3. 

You can try using wpa2. 

like @schumaku says, what devices are having the issues?

Wired/wireless?

Are you using smart connect? 

Try disabling it and then seeing if it matters if those devices are connecting to 2.4ghz or 5ghz.

Message 4 of 6
Shahsun
Aspirant

Both 2.4 and 5 doesn't work. Both TV and TV box are at same place, but TV connects and TV box doesn't. All devices are in same room where router is located. The error message I received is error_connection_refuse
Message 5 of 6
schumaku
Guru

@plemans wrote:

are you using wpa3? 

I've seen a few devices struggle with wpa3. 

Yeah, however according to the UM thee is no WPA3 option. A difference to older Netgear routers is that it defaults to WPA2-PSK (AES), the mixed mode WPA2-PSK (AES) + WPA-PSK (TKIP) is disabled by default [what makes sense to avoid people reporting their Apple devices are reporting poor config].

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7