Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk gaming router power cord

Jamie242
Aspirant

Nighthawk gaming router power cord

I have a nighthawk AC2300
model R700P.
I lost my power cable in a move and need to get a replacement, don’t know which one would be best and can’t seem to find one on netgear website, and suggestions?
Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk gaming router power cord

netgear doesn't sell replacement power supplies. but you should be able to get one from amazon. You can find quite a few on there that are compatible. 

If you want the "official" one. search for PA7000P  . Otherwise you can use a 3rd party adapter that has the same specs. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000060385/Which-products-does-the-12V-3-5A-Power-Adapter-accessory-PA7000P-su...

Message 2 of 7
wcalifas
Prodigy

You can also find them on ebay.

Message 3 of 7

As usual, @plemans is on the case.

I step in only to suggest that you may have something suitable lying around. Those power bricks/wall warts are pretty universal. I have even used adapters for USB boxes to power routers.

Any generic adapter will work. Just get one with the right volts, enough amps and a tip with the right (+/-) polarity and dimensions to fit your hardware.

The details you need should be on the old adapter, on a label on the device itself and in its manual.

Your description is a bit muddled. Which could confuse your search for the correct details.

The R7000P (not R700P) is not a gaming router. (They are XRXXX models.) And AC2300 just tells us about the wifi technology on the thing.

No matter, the adapter for the R7000P is much the same as those for many of Netgear's similar devices.

Message 4 of 7

@wcalifas wrote:

You can also find them on ebay.

Or in the bottom of a packing case!

Message 5 of 7
Jamie242
Aspirant

Thank you good sir
Message 6 of 7

A local electronics shop would have been great in the days of RadioShack.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7