Nighthawk manage router page

jaffreey
Aspirant

Nighthawk manage router page

Hello,

I am trying to setup my R7000 Nighthawk router and it says there is no/limited internet connection. Not a huge problem, I can go to 'manage router' to complete the login/password but it goes to a VPN website and wants to set it up through that. Is there a way to setup the router without VPN using the routers managemnt tool? FYI, this is all via my android. I do not have a PC for the setup. 

thanks!

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 6
Badock
Tutor

Re: Nighthawk manage router page

Is your android device connected to the router via wifi?  The only time you should see a VPN login page is when you are connecting via the internet.

Message 2 of 6
jaffreey
Aspirant

To be more specific...

My modem CM400 (I know it's horrible) is recieving internet. I tested this by using a PC with an ethernet cable. I can get on websites, etc that way.

Then I plug in the same ethernet cable from my PC to the router but the internet/ethernet LED doesn't light up nor to the ethernet signal LEDs light up on the cable its self. All other expected LEDs are white (Power, 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, WiFi & WPS). Now there is no connection to the router. 

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to update any firmware? The router has been factory reset. 

The whole "manage router" issue can be paused for now. 

Message 3 of 6
Badock
Tutor

You didn't say what version of firmware the router is currently on.  So can't say if you need an update.

But to update, or even to see the version that's running, you need to be able to log in to the router's web page.  Can you post a screenshot of what you see when you try to login to http://192.168.1.1?

Message 4 of 6
jaffreey
Aspirant

I am not certian which firmware I have. I assume the factory defult. 

I took the router to another internet network and pluged in the router to look for the LED to activate. The internet LED lit up and was flickering indicating an internet connection. 

I'm thinking maybe my ISP can't communicate with the router? Or my mondem can't commuicate with the router? Either way, I do know that it DID work when I initially set it up when I purchased it. I my mind, the router should be able to function again. 

Message 5 of 6
Badock
Tutor

In your first post, you said that you needed to enter login and password to get the internet going:

"no/limited internet connection. Not a huge problem, I can go to 'manage router' to complete the login/password"

The other internet connection that you tried may not require a login ID and password.  So the router can connect using the default settings.  It appears that your ISP requires more.

So, once again, you need to be able to access the router setup pages.  Can you post a screenshot of what you see when you try to login to http://192.168.1.1?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E