Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk phone app Remote Management will not work

Rosieox
Tutor

Nighthawk phone app Remote Management will not work

When I try to enable Remote Managment on my Nighthawk Android phone app I get the error

"Something went wrong.   This NETGEAR device is already register with another account"

I have the remote management turned on from the desktop PC with "Everyone" selected.  

I can acess the remote management through the phone using a URL on the Crome internet app on the phone.  

I just can't access it using the Nighthawk phone app.

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: Nighthawk phone app Remote Management will not work

@Rosieox wrote:

I have the remote management turned on from the desktop PC with "Everyone" selected.  

I can acess the remote management through the phone using a URL on the Crome internet app on the phone.  

I just can't access it using the Nighthawk phone app.

Netgear has added a lot of confusion by re-naming two complete different features Remote Management (-> explained here https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/Enable-Remote-Mgmt-Error/m-p/1837705/highlight/true#M...).

@Rosieox wrote:

When I try to enable Remote Managment on my Nighthawk Android phone app I get the error

"Something went wrong.   This NETGEAR device is already register with another account"

Appears the Remote Management was enabled before while using a different Netgear Account. If you don't remember this account to disable the Remote Management in the App no other way to try a factory reset. If this does not cure, you need some assistance by a Netgear moderator.

Message 2 of 3
Rosieox
Tutor

Re: Nighthawk phone app Remote Management will not work

I was on the phone with the NETGEAR techs for over 2 1/2 hours trying everything.   They deleted every account I had, plus I returened the router for a new one just incase the serial number was assoiated to another account.   I cannot even turn on the Remote Management on the app without the error.  They have a bug in their app.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7