Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk r6700 will not stay connected after updating firmware to version V1.2.0.16_1.0.1

InvadGir
Aspirant

Nighthawk r6700 will not stay connected after updating firmware to version V1.2.0.16_1.0.1

I updated to the newest firmware to V1.2.0.16_1.0.1 last Wednesday, and ever since then, my router is not staying connected to the internet.  I have factory reset the router a couple times now and still have no luck.  I do see a lot of DoS attacks comming into my router logs now, although not sure if that always happened.  I check on some of the IPs and none look too sucspicious(microsoft, amazon, other sites I have visited)  I am at a loss at this point.  Is there a way to rollback the firmware?  Any other suggestions as to what it may be?  It has progressivly gotten worse, it started out as once a day, now it is several times a day.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
InvadGir
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk r6700 will not stay connected after updating firmware to version V1.2.0.16_1.0.1

So, after a couple days now, I have been up and stable.  I am still uncertain if it will stay this way, but it appears to be resolved at this time.

View solution in original post

Model: R6700v2|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 7 of 7

All Replies
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Nighthawk r6700 will not stay connected after updating firmware to version V1.2.0.16_1.0.1

Hi InvadGir, 

How often do you get disconnected? What is the color of the Internet LED when it stopped working? 

I suggest to reflash the firmware. This means that you will load the same firmware version. Here's the reference link of how to manually upgrade firmware to NETGEAR router: 

https://kb.netgear.com/23960/

Here's the link to download the firmware:

R6700v2 Firmware Version 1.2.0.16

https://kb.netgear.com/000054437/R6700v2-Firmware-Version-1-2-0-16

If you wish to rollback the firmware, here's the link: 

R6700v2 Firmware Version 1.2.0.14

https://kb.netgear.com/000053226/R6700v2-Firmware-Version-1-2-0-14

Regards, 

Blanca

Community team 

Message 2 of 7
InvadGir
Aspirant

It was several times a day.  It started out about once a day, but it started to get to multiple times a day.  I actually decided to rollback last night.  One thing I noticed is that it did not disconnect unless I was starting to put a load on the internet, if it was basic browsing, it was fine, but if I started streaming, that is when it would disconnect after a while.  I rolled back to the last version of firmware and have been streaming for a bit tonight.  I am testing to see if it stabilizes.

Thanks for the input, I will update tomorrow if I feel that worked or if I need to attempt another method.  If anyone has a solution based off the information provided, that would be great.

Message 3 of 7
InvadGir
Aspirant

I spoke too soon, the internet just went out after reverting back to the old firmware.  Again, while streaming on my amazon fire tv.  The internet LED turns orange.  Everything was working fine until I upgraded to the newest firmware and did a factory reset.  I am wondering if there is a setting somewhere that needs to be tweaked.

Message 4 of 7
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi InvadGir, 

You mentioned that you revert back to the old firmware and issue still persist. Kindly update the firmware again to its latest version (1.2.0.16) and reset one more time. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 5 of 7
InvadGir
Aspirant

I updated to the latest firmware again around 6pm.....lost internet again around 11pm......again, the newsest firmware appears to be less stable.  On the previous firmware, I did have random spans of a day or 2 with uninterupted servce, then other times I would loose service a couple times in a day.  I will be monitoring now to see if it stabilizes at all....

Message 6 of 7
InvadGir
Aspirant

So, after a couple days now, I have been up and stable.  I am still uncertain if it will stay this way, but it appears to be resolved at this time.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7