Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk r7000 QoS not working

Rejinde
Tutor

Nighthawk r7000 QoS not working

Hi,

I have a Nighthawk R7000 connected to my internet provider's router.  Wireless internet and LAN are working fine, but it doens't seem that QoS is working properly.

I want one pc (for gaming) to have highest priority. Dynamic QoS didn't work with this so I tried to manually set it up by device. All devices are set to 'normal' and the gaming pc to 'highest'. It diddn't work, as I still could use another pc or mobile phone to upload something and the game starts lagging. I tried to set QoS up by Service as well. I added the specific game (Rocket League), added the ports and set it to 'highest'. All other applications set to lower. I still have the same lagging issues when I use another device to upload something. 

How do I solve this? Am I missing something? Or is this a problem with the providers router maybe?

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post here in this section for this model router:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk

@Rejinde wrote:

Hi,

I have a Nighthawk R7000 connected to my internet provider's router.  Wireless internet and LAN are working fine, but it doens't seem that QoS is working properly.

I want one pc (for gaming) to have highest priority. Dynamic QoS didn't work with this so I tried to manually set it up by device. All devices are set to 'normal' and the gaming pc to 'highest'. It diddn't work, as I still could use another pc or mobile phone to upload something and the game starts lagging. I tried to set QoS up by Service as well. I added the specific game (Rocket League), added the ports and set it to 'highest'. All other applications set to lower. I still have the same lagging issues when I use another device to upload something. 

How do I solve this? Am I missing something? Or is this a problem with the providers router maybe?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post here in this section for this model router:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk

@Rejinde wrote:

Hi,

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7