Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk r7000 and app

afcbmike
Aspirant

Nighthawk r7000 and app

I am having issues with Ubisoft. Long story short they want me to port forward. I had to hard reset the router some time ago. Now, I use the app and I cannot connect to the network of the router. I am connected to the correct wifi connection and the app sees it but says I am disconnected. I am not sure how to solve this.

Every time I go to routerlogin.net I am redirected to the Netgear website and it cycles around.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk r7000 and app

1. what firmware is on the router? 

2. what gateway/modem is the router connected to? 

3. does the IP address of the router work?
4. why does ubisoft think you need to port forward? 

Message 2 of 6
afcbmike
Aspirant

1. I don't know as I can't access the router
2. How do I find it out?
3. Is it 192.168.1.1? If so, then no. It times out.
4. Because I can't access AC Valhalla add-ons on my PS5 despite no other problems with anything at all
Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

@afcbmike wrote:
1. I don't know as I can't access the router---
2. How do I find it out?----follow the little wire thats plugged into the wan port of the router. That'll lead back to something with a model number on it. 
3. Is it 192.168.1.1? If so, then no. It times out.---it might have changed if your gateway is a combo device. 
4. Because I can't access AC Valhalla add-ons on my PS5 despite no other problems with anything at all

Your router might have used a different ip address if it detected a double nat (cascading routers) issue. its why we ask.

Try disconnecting the router from the modem, reboot the router, connect a pc/laptop to the router. then pull up a command prompt and type "ipconfig"  the default gateway is the routers ip address. 

Message 4 of 6
afcbmike
Aspirant

@plemans wrote:

@afcbmike wrote:
1. I don't know as I can't access the router---
2. How do I find it out?----follow the little wire thats plugged into the wan port of the router. That'll lead back to something with a model number on it. The model numebr of my Nighthawk router isR700 although you asked for a gateway? 
3. Is it 192.168.1.1? If so, then no. It times out.---it might have changed if your gateway is a combo device. 

Your router might have used a different ip address if it detected a double nat (cascading routers) issue. its why we ask.

Try disconnecting the router from the modem, reboot the router, connect a pc/laptop to the router. then pull up a command prompt and type "ipconfig"  the default gateway is the routers ip address. 

So I purchased this Netgear Nighthawk R7000 so I could applu ExpressVPN on to it. All good until Ubisoft. I was advised to hard reset the router. Now I cannot access it on the app. It looks for the WiFi connection of the same name, which I am connected to, but the device is not recognised.

I just followed your steps of accessing the router after disconnecting it from the modem. The default gateway address just takes me to ExpressVPN router dashboard. Not the actual router settings.

Message 5 of 6
antinode
Guru

> [...] I purchased this Netgear Nighthawk R7000 so I could applu
> ExpressVPN on to it. [...]

Ok.  Now you have an ExpressVPN router, not a Netgear router.

> [...] the device is not recognised.

Because, with ExpressVPN firmware, it no longer acts as a Netgear
R7000.

> [...] The default gateway address just takes me to ExpressVPN router
> dashboard. [...]

That's what your router does when you load ExpressVPN firmware on it.

> [...] Not the actual router settings.

Those _are_ "the actual router settings", now.

If you want to use a Netgear app to control your router, then load
some Netgear firmware onto it.  If you want the ExpressVPN firmware on
it, then you need to deal with the ExpressVPN firmware.

Did you read about the ExpressVPN firmware before loading it onto
your router?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7