Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk r7000p is not connecting

moobecker
Aspirant

Nighthawk r7000p is not connecting

After 2 years of no problems, my internet stopped connecting.  I called the internet company and they showed me that my internet was fine (plug ethernet cord into computer).  The tech said it was a problem with the router.  Where do I start to look for the problem?  Thank you

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

@moobecker wrote:

Thanks for the questions.  I'm not sure I have good answers...

What firmware is on the router?  - not sure?  Nothing has changed.----Might be if auto-updates is on. 

What modem/gateway is it connected to?  Comtrend NexusLink (I know this is working fine)----and it could be working perfect. But we'd like the model because sometimes a double nat can cause this issue. 

What are the led's on the router doing?  The Two left (most) lights are white----None of the rest are on? Do you have anything connected to the router via ethernet? Those 2 icons are power and internet. White on internet tends to indicate its connected. But your 2.4ghz/5ghz leds are off. And if you have nothing hardwired into it, maybe the wifi on/off button got hit and shut off the wifi. Push and hold it for 2 seconds. (2nd from the right led/button)

Are you able to access the router's gui? Not sure what gui is?---thats access the router through the browser and not using the app. 

Are any of my responses helpful?

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What firmware is on the router? 

What modem/gateway is it connected to? 

What are the led's on the router doing? 

Are you able to access the router's gui? 

Message 2 of 4
moobecker
Aspirant

What firmware is on the router?  - not sure?  Nothing has changed.

What modem/gateway is it connected to?  Comtrend NexusLink (I know this is working fine)

What are the led's on the router doing?  The Two left (most) lights are white

Are you able to access the router's gui? Not sure what gui is?

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

@moobecker wrote:

What firmware is on the router?  - not sure?  Nothing has changed.----Might be if auto-updates is on. 

What modem/gateway is it connected to?  Comtrend NexusLink (I know this is working fine)----and it could be working perfect. But we'd like the model because sometimes a double nat can cause this issue. 

What are the led's on the router doing?  The Two left (most) lights are white----None of the rest are on? Do you have anything connected to the router via ethernet? Those 2 icons are power and internet. White on internet tends to indicate its connected. But your 2.4ghz/5ghz leds are off. And if you have nothing hardwired into it, maybe the wifi on/off button got hit and shut off the wifi. Push and hold it for 2 seconds. (2nd from the right led/button)

Are you able to access the router's gui? Not sure what gui is?---thats access the router through the browser and not using the app. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7