Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk r700p drops 5G network

Shirox
Aspirant

Nighthawk r700p drops 5G network

So today out of no where my Nighthawk r7000p 5g network stopped working on all my devices connected to the 5G. I went into the nighthawk app thinking I may have accidently turned it off or something but its still showing as on, even checked the physical router and it shows its on. My devices can not find or manually connect to the 5G now. I have tried to do the routerlogin to run troubleshooting that way but it will not connect at all even after doing cache clear and the troubleshooting for it. I have no idea what to do now to get the 5G back to working.

current firmware on the device is V1.3.1.64_10.1.36 via the nighthawk app.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

the newer version of firmware is out. Its version 1.3.2.134

I'd highly recommend against updating via the app. Its supposed to be all hosted on the router but when I've seen corrupt firmware issues, its tends to be when done via the app. 

So try installing it over a hardwired connection. then do a factory reset and clean install (not from a backup configuration). 

See if that helps. 

Nighthawk R7000P | AC2300 Smart WiFi Router | NETGEAR Support

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9

All Replies

I assume that you have tried a network reboot. (You don't say.)

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug modem.
  • Turn off router and computers.
  • Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on computers and rest of network.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Message 2 of 9
Shirox
Aspirant

I have tried that shortly after posting and had no change. the router is right next to my modem ive not had any issues with it until literally last night after 11 months of having this in the same spot.

Message 3 of 9
plemans
Guru

the newer version of firmware is out. Its version 1.3.2.134

I'd highly recommend against updating via the app. Its supposed to be all hosted on the router but when I've seen corrupt firmware issues, its tends to be when done via the app. 

So try installing it over a hardwired connection. then do a factory reset and clean install (not from a backup configuration). 

See if that helps. 

Nighthawk R7000P | AC2300 Smart WiFi Router | NETGEAR Support

Message 4 of 9
bdnmn
Aspirant

I've been running the latest version of firmware V1.3.2.134_10.1.66 for several weeks and the issue with 5GHz connections dropping is still happening. If my phone and laptop are on the 5GHz network they both drop the connection randomly. I have to keep one on 2.4GHz network to avoid the conflict.

Anyone have a real solution?

Message 5 of 9
plemans
Guru

@bdnmn Have you started your own thread instead of jumping in on one? Everyone has different setups. And sometimes updating firmware isn't always the best options. 

Try starting your own thread with all your details of your setup. 

Message 6 of 9
WiscWildcat
Aspirant

The version number you report is higher than what I have (Firmware Version V1.0.9.88_10.2.88) but when I check it says no new firmware updates available.

Am I reading my firmware version incorrectly?   Otherwise, how do I get a newer version. My 5G is not "sticky" either.

Message 7 of 9

@WiscWildcat wrote:

The version number you report is higher than what I have (Firmware Version V1.0.9.88_10.2.88) but when I check it says no new firmware updates available.

That is not firmware for the R7000P.

You seem to own an R7000. But it is still two years out of date.

R7000 Firmware Version 1.0.11.134 | Answer | NETGEAR Support

@WiscWildcat wrote:

Otherwise, how do I get a newer version. My 5G is not "sticky" either.

How do I manually upgrade firmware to my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 8 of 9
WiscWildcat
Aspirant

Thank you! I'll give that a shot.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements