Nighthawk r7500v2 recent firm ware update (recent by me)

Disappointeduse
Aspirant

Nighthawk r7500v2 recent firm ware update (recent by me)

I did the current firmware update (new to me see this yesterday). Did update and now its drops everything. No help on phone wired 40 min and finally a human and he hung up on me. I also don't get why they want to charge for a screw up on there end.

I've had this router for 2 years no problems till this update, it's not fair and its frustrating to have this happen when I count on wireless as I can't connect wired.

So has there been a fix to dropped wifi? It seems right now after hours of trying stuff my self its the 2 android phones dropping every 5 min or so. Amazon firebox stays on, have not checked Xbox or android tablets.

I'm ready to take a hammer to this and send it back for a refund and use a different company..
Model: R7500v2|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk r7500v2 recent firm ware update (recent by me)

Any time you've done a firmware update and are having an issue, the first step is to factory reset the router and manually re-install it. 

have you tried this?

If you have and are still having issues, you can re-install the old firmware. Simply go to the support site, click downloads, click +view previous version, download it, extract it, and then install it using the manual firmware upgrade process from the manual. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/R7500v2.aspx

Current setup: CAX80->Trendnet TEG-S380->GS716T-> RBK752->pi-hole
1.4gig download/50mbps upload
We’re members of the public helping out on our own time.
Message 2 of 4
Disappointeduse
Aspirant

I had to do a factory reset a few times as it wasn't allowing me to finish with the app. What do I have to manually install?

I know I can download an older version, I don't know how to downgrade yet tho.
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

The manual has a guide on manual firmware updates. 

And if you were resetting during the update process, maybe the firmware was corrupted. Potentially just re-install the current firmware, factory reset, and reinstall. might be worth trying first. 

I'd also recommend not doing updates using the app. When we see issues with firmware, a good percentage of the time was from people doing it via the app. I'd highly recommend updating/changing firmwares through a hardwired connection to the router. This tends to have the least issues and best results. 

the firmware and manual can be found here:

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/R7500v2.aspx

Current setup: CAX80->Trendnet TEG-S380->GS716T-> RBK752->pi-hole
1.4gig download/50mbps upload
We’re members of the public helping out on our own time.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E