• 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Initiate

Nighthawk r8900 vs. r9000

Hello Everyone,

I'm wondering if you can tell me the differences from a technical or usage standpoint between the R8900 from Costco and the R9000 from elsewhere.  I can't find anything on the net that I can come across yet.  I did the comparison on the Netgear Website but don't see a whole lot of differences that I can see.

Thank you for the insight!

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
Highlighted
Master

Re: Nighthawk r8900 vs. r9000

@armch33 wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I'm wondering if you can tell me the differences from a technical or usage standpoint between the R8900 from Costco and the R9000 from elsewhere.  I can't find anything on the net that I can come across yet.  I did the comparison on the Netgear Website but don't see a whole lot of differences that I can see.

Thank you for the insight!

Costo has Netgear make a version for them that meets their ideas of what they want to sale it may have fewer usb ports, may be just a little slower, too be able to sale for a little cheaper price and to be their own model of the router. 

Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Aspirant

"Bump"

I am also very interested, as I'm trying to decide whether to jump at the last day of Cosco's $299 sale.  Yes, many people already know about Costco versions of things. The question is about examining what the differences are on this one, not whether there are any Smiley Happy

I'm not finding much on the 8900, including a troubling lack of interest in it from DD/Open-WRT. 

Model: R8900|Nighthawk X10—AD7000 Smart WiFi Router
Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
Aspirant

From what I see the 2.4GHz band is 256QAM on the R9000 providing up to 800Mbps and 64QAM on the R8900 providing up to 600Mbps.
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Master

I in real world terms not a big difference for the 2,4 ghz band.

Message 5 of 5