Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk router connects to internet via ethernet cable but is not connecting via wirless

thomas15
Follower

Nighthawk router connects to internet via ethernet cable but is not connecting via wirless

My computor works because it is connected to the ethernet cables. None of our phones or tvs will connect to the wireless internet. I went and bought a new netgear modem (model c6300) and talking to my service provider i was able to connect to the router, but it says no internet avaliable. Router is a Nighthawk ac1900 smart wifi router model:r7000

Message 1 of 2

Re: Nighthawk router connects to internet via ethernet cable but is not connecting via wirless

@thomas15 wrote:

My computor works because it is connected to the ethernet cables. None of our phones or tvs will connect to the wireless internet.

We'd need to know more before we can understand why things won't connect to the wifi. For example, we don't know what the wifi LEDs look like on your router. Are they on?

From time to time people turn up here and discover that they have switched off the wifi with the button on the top.

@thomas15 wrote:

I went and bought a new netgear modem (model c6300) and talking to my service provider i was able to connect to the router, but it says no internet avaliable. Router is a Nighthawk ac1900 smart wifi router model:r7000

Buying a new modem is not likely to fix wifi problems on a router. Indeed, you have gone and may have made life more complicated for yourself.

Does this mean that you have put a Netgear modem router (the C6300) in front of a Netgear router (the R7000)?

Two routers on your network can cause headaches. For example, you can end up with local address problems. Among other things, the other router can misdirect addresses that the Netgear router usually handles, such as routerlogin.net or the usual IP address for a router, 192.168.1.1.

This explains some of the other drawbacks.

What is Double NAT? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

It it is possible to put the C6300 modem/router into modem only (bridge) mode and then to use the second device as the router. Sometimes it is easier to put the second router into AP mode. But that has its own drawbacks:

Disabled Features on the Router when set to AP Mode | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7