Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk router worth it? I will get a modem too

RileyDylan
Follower

Nighthawk router worth it? I will get a modem too

Currently in the market for used modem and routers. I am thinking about getting a night hawk router ac1900 used for cheap under 50 if I can. Then I will probably need a modem too. Now I am pretty ignorant to modem and routers but want something that is good since I am a gamer and plan to use this for a long time. Does it matter what modem and router I buy or can it all be used regardless of the internet providing company?

I will be moving into a new place so need internet.

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk router worth it? I will get a modem too

@RileyDylan wrote:

Currently in the market for used modem and routers. I am thinking about getting a night hawk router ac1900 used for cheap under 50 if I can.----Always nice to be hopeful. good luck with that goal of a solid AC1900 router for under $50. .  Then I will probably need a modem too. Now I am pretty ignorant to modem and routers but want something that is good since I am a gamer and plan to use this for a long time. Does it matter what modem and router I buy or can it all be used regardless of the internet providing company?-----router you should be good but modem does matter for your ISP. Some are fibre, some only have certain compatible modems, so its best to check with the isp you plan on using for compatible modems. 

I will be moving into a new place so need internet.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7