Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk router worth it? I will get a modem too

philisent
Follower

Nighthawk router worth it? I will get a modem too

Currently in the market for used modem and routers. I am thinking about getting a night hawk router ac1900 used for cheap under 50 if I can. Then I will probably need a modem too. Now I am pretty ignorant to modem and routers but want something that is good since I am a gamer and plan to use this for a long time. Does it matter what modem and router I buy or can it all be used regardless of the internet providing company?

I will be moving into a new place so need internet.

Message 1 of 2

Re: Nighthawk router worth it? I will get a modem too

@philisent wrote:

I am thinking about getting a night hawk router ac1900 used for cheap under 50 if I can.

Which Nighthawk AC1900? In the past Netgear has made several with that specification.

AC1900 is not a reliable guide to model number. Many devices come with an AC tag, but it is essentially a label that Netgear, and other brands, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds.

Work out which you want and then several around here for comments. But remember, people turn up here with problems. And for everyone who has a problem, there may be hundreds, thousands, who have trouble free devices.

...can it all be used regardless of the internet providing company?

You may have to ask your Internet service provider if its network supports the modem you want to buy.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7