Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk weekly connection loss

ysottot
Aspirant

Nighthawk weekly connection loss

I've had my Nighthawk R7000 for around 5+ years now. When I got it, my home was 3200sf 2 story. Down sized and now in a 1700Sf home single level home. Router is roughly in the center of the house and 11' up on a shelve. Standard drywall construct home. There are 13 wired and 16 Wireless attached devices mixed 2.4 and 5G. Router firmware is 1.0.9.64_10.2.64. My home has fiber to the house and I have 60Mb service from a local provider not a big name like Comcast or the like. 

It's always worked fine but recently, like the last 6 months, I wake up to no internet. My first indication is the Alexa controlled lights don't wake me up in the morning. Sometimes EVERYTHING is disconnected. Sometimes only some things don't work. internet access on my handhelds might work but be sporatic. OOMA Telco may or may not work. One Alexa will give you the time and another will give you the red ring no connect. Because the Router is up high I just flip the breaker in the garage to reboot. After a reboot all go smoothly for a week.

Can routers get tired or degrade after time? Time to replace?...................Thanks for any replys.

Already refaced the direction for the router.

homenet.jpg

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
IrvSp
Master

Re: Nighthawk weekly connection loss

Probably the V1.0.9.64 firmware that came out in Jan. Suggest rolling back to V1.0.9.42, if nothing more as a test to see if it is the f/w. Many people report problems with that f/w.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
IrvSp
Master

Probably the V1.0.9.64 firmware that came out in Jan. Suggest rolling back to V1.0.9.42, if nothing more as a test to see if it is the f/w. Many people report problems with that f/w.

Message 2 of 4
ysottot
Aspirant

Thanks....will give firmware rollback a go.

Message 3 of 4
ysottot
Aspirant

I can confirm that rolling back to V1.0.9.42_10.2.44 has stopped the weekly hangs.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7