Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk x10 + Orbi RBK50

glof
Aspirant

Nighthawk x10 + Orbi RBK50

Hello,

I am new to the community, so please forgive my ignorance if I have posted in the wrong location.

I have just built a 2 story house (main floor + basement) that includes over 5000 sq ft of living space.  Within the house there are 5 bedrooms, an office and a theatre room in which myself, my spouse and 4 children will mainly use our network connected devices.

I have already purchased a Netgear Nighthawk x10 AD7200 router and I would also like to purchase a Netgear Orbi RBK50 AC3000 Mesh system to make sure I am fully covered with Wi-Fi.  It may be overkill, but in theory it sounds like a pretty robust setup.

Does anybody have experience with this setup?  Is there any specific setup recommendations one can suggest?  Or am I making a mistake and there an alternative setup that one may suggest?

Thanks in advance!

Mark (Glof)

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Nighthawk x10 + Orbi RBK50

You would want to put your Orbi in AP modem when you connect it to the x10.

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

You would want to put your Orbi in AP modem when you connect it to the x10.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5

What @DarrenM says, but "Nighthawk x10 AD7200" is not a router model. There may be other AD7200 things. 

I have an Orbi running as an access point behind an R7800. Works fine.

Message 3 of 5
glof
Aspirant

Thanks @DarrenM

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 4 of 5
glof
Aspirant

Yes... I am aware that "AD7200" is not the Nighthawk X10 model number, it is in fact R9000.  AD7200 is the combined WiFi band speed of the Nighthawk X10, just as AC3000 is for the Orbi RBK50 system.  AD technology is limited right now, but both support AC WiFi, so I figured it should be good.

Thanks @michaelkenward for confirming putting the Orbi in AP mode!

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7