Highlighted
Aspirant

Nighthawk x10 is bottlenecking internet speed/ Not getting full internet speed wired or wireless

I pay for a 1 gig connection and when I use the speed check in QoS (which i have turned off) on the router I see 950 up and 950 down. When I plug into the router and check the speed on any external device i get 120 down 950 up. I have contacted my ISP several times and they all point to the router. I do not own a moden as my ISP using a built in system with their fiber and only brings an ethernet cable into the house. (technically the modem is mounted to the side of the house and i have no access to it).  I have hard reset the router several times and everytime I get the same outcome. Ive redownloaded firmware onto the router and nothing happens. I checked this on wired and wireless and everytime the router says its getting 950 up and down and yet connected to it i only see 120 down and 950 up. 

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk x10 is bottlenecking internet speed/ Not getting full internet speed wired or wireless

I was having the same issues after the latest firmware update and I fixed it by turning off QoS which sounds not the be the problem in your case. Have you tried turning QoS on?  Then maybe off again?

Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk x10 is bottlenecking internet speed/ Not getting full internet speed wired or wireless

I have tried that. I was hoping QoS would fix the issue but it didnt so I ended up turning it off again. It is currnetly off. 

Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
Aspirant

Is the traffic meter some how on?

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Aspirant

Traffic meter was on for some reason. I turned it off and it did not affect anything. It shows 115 down and 870 up.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements