Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk x10 worth it

micheblea83
Follower

Nighthawk x10 worth it

Hello my current ASUS router is literally **bleep**ting the bed with me. Constantly freezing and rebooting itself and I think its time for me to purchase a new router. I have many devices in my home that will be connected via Ethernet so I figured the Nighthawk x10 would be perfect. I play a lot of games while streaming while other members of my family are either streaming or video conferencing. I heard nothing but good things about the X10 and I love its design but I was wondering if its worth getting in now since it released long ago in 2017? Is there anything newer and/or better?

Message 1 of 4
microchip8
Master

NETGEAR has given up on the R9000. Barely any new firmware updates. AD WiFi is a dead technology too. If you still want to get the R9000, I recommend loading the Voxel firmware. Otherwise, the R7800 is a good alternative

Message 2 of 4
plemans
Guru

If you're looking for gaming, I'd look at the XR500 (AC version) or the XR1000 (AX pro-gaming version)

I've heard pretty good things about the XR500. Not much yet on the XR1000 but its pretty new yet. 

Message 3 of 4
microchip8
Master

@plemans wrote:

If you're looking for gaming, I'd look at the XR500 (AC version) or the XR1000 (AX pro-gaming version)

I've heard pretty good things about the XR500. Not much yet on the XR1000 but its pretty new yet. 

You pay premium because it's flagged as a "gaming router" foolish marketing. The R7800 is just as capable. Don't count too much on DumaOS on the XR line

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7