Highlighted
Aspirant

Nighthawk x6 R800 Slow speeds?

I recently purchased this router however during configurationg when I do speed tests my tests are significantlly low.. 20dwn 2up. Now a couple of days ago I uprgaded my broadband package and noticed a significant increase in my speeds 200dwn 12up. However now when I put my VMSH2 into modem mode and connect the x6 all speeds significantly drop.. for example my playsationg is connected through a ethernet cable and I have 20dwn 2up. Also my laptop which is wirelessly connected has 40dwn 2up. This is all completley bizarre to me as I am a rookie when it comes to things like this, however I know my speeds are 10x better when connected to my ISP connection. When really it should be the same if not better when I have the x6 connected right? Can anyone help

Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
Master

Re: Nighthawk x6 R800 Slow speeds?

Hi RossM16,

1. What is the firmware version of the router?

2. Reset the router to factory default and manually reconfigure it.

3. Access the UI and check the statistic. Post a screenshot of the stat. (http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24222/~/how-do-i-display-internet-port-statistics-on-m...)

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
Master

Hi RossM16,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we’ve provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
Apprentice

What's the solution?  Waiting on an updated firmware to replace this ancient one we have......

Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Aspirant

My issue is NOT resolved... I have packed away the nighthawk as there is no need for me to even use it if I'm getting better speeds with my original router.. 

Message 5 of 6
Apprentice

What firmware were you using?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements