Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk x6 R8000 internet connectivity issue

Nizzicole
Aspirant

Nighthawk x6 R8000 internet connectivity issue

My dad has a 15 year old home that has T3 internet throughout that is provided by the HOA. I have no internet information. The internet always just worked. The router at his house didn’t provide great coverage and I bought this router.

I basically connected the router cables the same way as the old router and did not have luck setting it up. I’ve tried reset. LED function. Unplugging it. Turning it off then on. No luck.

Please help!
Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 5
No1Mportnt
Luminary

Re: Nighthawk x6 R8000 internet connectivity issue

Do you have wife and just don't have internet connectivity?  Please provide as much information as possible to help diagnose the problem.

Message 2 of 5
Nizzicole
Aspirant

There is wifi signal. It does connect and identify there’s a router. Just zero internet connectivity.
Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 3 of 5
No1Mportnt
Luminary

Have you tried rebooting the modem with the router attached?  Be sure to make sure all cables are attached to the correct ports correctly and give that a try and see if it helps.  

Message 4 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@Nizzicole wrote:
My dad has a 15 year old home that has T3 internet throughout that is provided by the HOA. 

So a Home Owner Association with a single T3 ... and probably a T1 to each house? That won't be Ethernet - not everything coming in on a RJ45 must be Ethernet. 

@Nizzicole wrote:
I have no internet information. The internet always just worked. The router at his house didn’t provide great coverage and I bought this router.

What is the make and exact model of the previously installed router?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7