Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk x6 Unable to find settings for the 2nd 5GHz channel.

Lemmywinkzz
Aspirant

Nighthawk x6 Unable to find settings for the 2nd 5GHz channel.

I recently purched the R8000 Nighthawk X6 AC3200 router. I've got it all setup and working great, I'm really pleased with the product so far. The only problem I'm having is that I can't find where to change the setting for the 2nd 5GHz WiFi channel. I'm able to change the SSID for the 2.4GHz channel and the 1 5GHz channel, but I can't find the setting for the 2nd 5GHz channel. When I check the differen't WiFi signals on my phone it shows all 3 signals, with the 2GHz signal renamed (as I changed it) and the 5GHz signal renamed (as I changed it). It's still set as it's original factory name and password, I'm even able to connect to it and everything. If anyone could help me out it would be very appreciated, also I think I setup the router and put it in "Easy" mode, so I can't change the QoS or play with any of the other cool little features.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Hi Lemmywinkzz,

Are you using the Genie App to change the settings of the router? If yes, try to change the settings using the Web Genie. Access routerlogin.com.

JamesGL

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi Lemmywinkzz,

Are you using the Genie App to change the settings of the router? If yes, try to change the settings using the Web Genie. Access routerlogin.com.

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 2 of 3
JamesGL
Master

Hi Lemmywinkzz,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we’ve provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7