Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk x6 r8000 second 5GHz channel isn't showing on my computer but is showing on my phone

cocofire
Aspirant

Nighthawk x6 r8000 second 5GHz channel isn't showing on my computer but is showing on my phone

I'm trying out having the 5GHz-2 channel but when I try to find it on my computer it doesn't show up but it does on my iPhone 6s. I can see the 5GHz-1 fine but for some reason 5GHz-2 doesn't show up. I'm currently using the archer T6e WiFi adapter in my computer.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
cocofire
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk x6 r8000 second 5GHz channel isn't showing on my computer but is showing on my phone

It was a good work around for it not working on the autumn update but it didn't find the second 5GHz for some reason. I recently changed my wifi adapter and that one was able to work.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
IrvSp
Master

Do you have SMART CONNECT enabled? It is possible it is managing both 5Ghz SSID's and that is the one you can connect too?

Do the other devices see both SSID's or only one?

By the way, at least on Amazon that T6e is not listed as for W10 unless you are on a specific Insider build (17025) which means the Creator Fall version or later. Might even need a new driver for it?

Message 2 of 5
cocofire
Aspirant

I don't have SMART CONNECT on. My brothers PC was able to see and connect to it and my phone. I heard about the problems and it happened to me about the the T6e not working on the new WIN 10 update and all I did was change the PCI-E slot and it worked for me after that.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 3 of 5
IrvSp
Master

So is it solved by changing slots or still having a problem?

Message 4 of 5
cocofire
Aspirant

It was a good work around for it not working on the autumn update but it didn't find the second 5GHz for some reason. I recently changed my wifi adapter and that one was able to work.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7