Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk x6s ac4000 #R8000P

Graymin
Aspirant

Nighthawk x6s ac4000 #R8000P

Ok just bought this thing setup was painless

although the wifi cam I have just ouside my window 10 feet away lost signal but the ones in the house seem to do ok so far

then S/N is in use and can't gegister my product ( support mail sent)

then I try to log in the roughters web page and the default name and paswwrod don't work

did a factory reset no joy still can't log in

do I have to send this back ?

bought it off amazon

any Ideas while I wait for support to responed?

thanks

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions

Re: Nighthawk x6s ac4000 #R8000P

Good Morning,

Yes, probabaly wouldn't buy a router from Amazon.  Was it "refurbished" or "renewed" as @labatt mentioned?  Unfortunately, even if listed as "new" we hear stores from many users who receive items which were clearly returned and resold.

Let's get the router reset and we can continue to try and help.

https://kb.netgear.com/25336/What-are-the-factory-default-settings-for-my-Nighthawk-X6-R8000-router

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
labatt
Mentor

When you did the factory reset did you hold the button in for 10 seconds and see the lights start flashing. If not then you did not do a real reset. After a reset the default user ID and password should work. It is possible this has been out to someone else before you. It has been reported on here at times of folks getting a refurbished router or returned that was beening sold as new on Amazon. Do not know how true that is, as that does not sound like how they normally do business. 

Message 2 of 4

Good Morning,

Yes, probabaly wouldn't buy a router from Amazon.  Was it "refurbished" or "renewed" as @labatt mentioned?  Unfortunately, even if listed as "new" we hear stores from many users who receive items which were clearly returned and resold.

Let's get the router reset and we can continue to try and help.

https://kb.netgear.com/25336/What-are-the-factory-default-settings-for-my-Nighthawk-X6-R8000-router

Message 3 of 4
Graymin
Aspirant

ok got som sleep and tryed the reset again this time I held my mouth right 🙂 it worked got in and updated things I still cant register it though but I got a e-mail to support have not heard back yet

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7