Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk x8 r8500 firmware

FloridaCracker
Aspirant

Nighthawk x8 r8500 firmware

Firmware causing wireless 2.4 Ghz to not allow any connections. I have updated my firmware to the latest V1.o.2.144. Upon upgrade my device lost all wireless connections and some ethernet connections. I have T/S and discovered the following. If I turn off the wireless transmitter for the 2.4 Ghz - all my devices come on line 5 Ghz and ethernet connections. If 2.4 Ghz is on without security (none) everything connects also. With authentication (security) no devices connect wired or wireless. I have tried reverting back to all the previous versions (.136, .134, .130) none of these work with the 2.4 Ghz active with security. Here is the kicker. V1.0.2.128 works perfectly with no connection issues. This also resolves hosting issues when gaming. This is OBVIOUSLY a firmware / software issue! Due to the fact that my devices connect on an older version of firmware! So the hardware works.
NETGEAR please investigate this issue as there are LOTS of posts about the connectivity issue since update!
Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk x8 r8500 firmware

During any of the firmware changes, did you try a factory reset and clean install? By clean I mean not using a backup configuration. 

Sometimes firmwares change enough that old settings cause issues. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7